On the "Tasting Kuopio" sightseeing tour, you can enjoy local tastes at restaurants outside the city centre, such as the revolving Puijo Tower Restaurant and Saana on the shore of Lake Kallavesi. You can follow the footsteps of the legendary merchant Gustav Raninon a tour of the Lignell & Piispanen distillery and hear more of his story at the historic Koivumäki Manor. On the bus tour, you'll hear about Kuopio and its notable attractions such as Puijo, Lake Kallavesi and Saaristokaupunki –the town of islands – as well as the restaurants and their owners.
- Duration: The bus tour takes about 4,5 hours.
- Location: The tour starts at 11.30am from Kuopio City Hall, Tulliportinkatu31, 70110 Kuopio.
- Group size: 10 –30 persons.
- Availability: Available in summer 2021 on fixed dates. For groups all year around by arrangement.
- Guide languages: Finnish, English
- Price: Scheduled tours €78/person (VAT 0%). Booked tours: €68/person (VAT 0%) if the group has its own bus; €88/person (VAT 0%) if the bus is provided by Kuopion Oppaat ry (local tourist guide association). Prices are net prices.
- Included in the price: Three meals. Welcome drink and plate of local food at the Puijo Tower Restaurant, lunch at Koivumäki Manor and dessert and coffee at Kuopion Saana. Non-alcoholic drinks. Tour of the Lignell& Piispanen distillery. At the end of the tour, we'll take the customers to Kuopio Market Hall. The group is accompanied by a trained guide during the tour. Changes possible.
- For an extra charge: Customers can buy wine and other drinks from the restaurants.
- Where you can book: Kuopion Oppaat ry (local tourist guide association), www.kuopionoppaat.com, firstname.lastname@example.org