On the "Tasting Kuopio" food walk, you can enjoy local tastes. We will have an appetiser, main course, pre-dessert course and dessert at different restaurants located in historically interesting old buildings. At the same time, you can explore Kuopio city centreon foot and listen to stories about the buildings, notable local historical figures and the restaurants and their owners as told by the guide.
- Duration: The guided food walk takes about 3,5 hours.
- Starting point: Participants should gather at the cafe Tallikahvio in the Pikku-Pietari shopping alley (Hatsalankatu24, 70110 Kuopio) at 4.30pm. Booked food walks may start from elsewhere in the city centre.
- Group size: 5 –20 persons.
- Availability: During the summer 2021 on fixed dates. At other times by arrangement for groups.
- Guide languages: Finnish, English
- Price: €73/person (VAT 0%). The price is net.
- Included in the price: A guided walk with four stops for food: a welcome drink in the unique setting of the cafe Tallikahvio; Savonian tapas at Kuopio's historic Kummisetä Restaurant; fish soup (rated as the best in Finland) at the restaurant Isä Camillo; a cheeseboard at the music restaurant King's Crown; and dessert and coffee at the cosy Kaneli Cafe. Alcoholic drinks are not included with the meals. The group will be led by a trained guide who will tell stories duringthe walk and the meals. Changes are possible.
- For an extra charge: Customers can buy wine and other drinks from the restaurants.
- Bookings: Kuopion Oppaat ry (local tourist guide association), www.kuopionoppaat.com, firstname.lastname@example.org